Field Liaison Officers (5)
Location: Freetown, Makeni, Kono, Kenema and Bo
Start Date: Immediately
Reports to: Deputy Executive Director
Annual Base Salary: 27,000,000
Duration: 12 Months
Established from 2003-2005, the Rainbo Centres were the first, and still are the only, free sexual and physical assault including domestic violence support and referral centres in Sierra Leone. The Rainbo Initiative has five Rainbo Centres across the country (Bo, Kenema, Kono, Makeni and Freetown). The Centres offer a place where survivors of sexual and physical assaults can find quality clinical care, counselling, and referral to key service providers. The Rainbo Centres staff follow up on GBV survivors cases to ensure their safety and renewed confidence. RI work closely with the Family Support Units of the Sierra Leone Police to fast track charging of cases to court, and we monitor court proceedings as a way of reducing compromise so survivors can access justice. Our Medical Doctors provide medical certificates to survivors, appear in court with evidence to support survivors that seek justice. Rainbo Initiative outreach programme raises community awareness on GBV prevention, referral pathway and create demand for Rainbo Centre services.
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Executive Director, the Field Liaison Officers will serve as focal point of contact to liaise with survivors , the Medical Doctor, the Family Support Unit and the courts. FLO will provide accurate and timely information to all stakeholders and ensure they act within the appropriate time in saving lives of women and girls. He/she will oversee the outreach programme in his/her district of responsibility; this includes implementation of activities and daily management of volunteers/interns. He/she will also ensure program quality delivery including monthly reporting is done and submitted to the Deputy Executive Director. The Officer will supervise the Outreach Interns in facilitating Rainbo Initiative’s preventative outreach programme to address the root causes of Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV), and will support the Rainbo Centre Managers to manage data and report. The person will coordinate with Rainbo Centre Managers to raise Rainbo Initiative’s profile at district level.
Specifically, the Field Liaison Officer will be responsible for:
– Conduct follow-up on survivors, provide feedback to the medical doctor, collaborate with the FSU and serve as court monitor.
– Support the Rainbo Centre Managers in developing quality monthly progress report, including data from the Centres and outreach engagements.
– Leading the cultivation of professional relationships and communications with partners and referral organisations (e.g. government hospital, National Aids Secretariat and Family Support Unit) in the implementation of Rainbo Initiative’s projects
– Support in managing funds and budgets for project costs and program expenditures.
– Work closely with the Deputy Executive Director to write and review grant proposals.
– Engaging with outreach Interns to ensure clarity on timely implementation and quality standards of project activities;
– Visiting program implementation areas as needed to assess quality and appropriateness of activities
– Make frequent field visits to provide technical support to the Outreach Interns and relevant partners
– Support the M&E Officer in data collection and management
– Collaborate with Communications team for collection of case studies and other media engagements at district level..
– Provide accurate information regarding clinical care to Rainbo Executive Team, Community Outreach, and other stakeholders as needed.
– Engage in government and coordination meetings as appropriate.
– Strengthen engagement with Local Councils to influence the inclusion of free health care drugs for GBV survivors in district council budgets.
– Other duties assigned by Senior Management Team (SMT).
Skills and Qualifications
– University degree in any relevant field of study such as social worker, Nursing, Law and Development
– Experience in court monitoring and paralegal programming.
– Excellent leadership and inter-personal skills
– A clear understanding of development programming in an NGO context
– At least 3 years’ experience working with women organisation and a clear understanding of the GBV landscape in Sierra Leone
– Experience working in an outreach programme and community level engagement.
– Experience in M&E and a willingness to take learning further
– Excellent report writing skills
– Experience working with government, donors and partners
– Fluent in English with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
– A strong personal commitment to the values, aims and methods of Rainbo initiative
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send in their applications with a cover letter detailing their motivation for this position and copies of most recent CVs. Please send in your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com.
The deadline for all applications is Wednesday 13th March 2019, 5pm.
Apart from the above, we do not have any jobs available at Rainbo Initiative. However when we do we will advertise them here. We also advertise jobs on careers.sl and in local newspapers.
If you would like to get involved with Rainbo Initiative as a volunteer, please visit our page here for more information.